Is SACD a dead format?

From what I can glean, it seems that Sony is giving up on SACD? I can find no SACD's at my local store, and have to order them online. What a shame, are we all doomed to listening to mp3s in the future?
rlips
Tbg-interesting post until you made this statement... "I have more cds, sacds, hdcds, and LPs than I could ever listen to in the remainder of my life and given the quality of new pop music, I care little whether it is ever available in hi-res."

It surprises me how somehow so switched on and open could make such a close minded and imho inaccurate statement.
Ben, it is old age. It is anti-rap and girl singers who cannot sing. I don't like bebop either so I guess I lose some others also. It was rather gratuitous wasn't it.
Tbg yes it was :-)

I actually don't think it's anything to do with,it's an outlook, a philosophy even.
There is more to current music than the chart stuff-indeed I spend as much time discovering music from all era's as well as keeping an eye on the current trends.
well you kjust wasted a ton of money and if you want to ad to your SACD let me know i have about 12 you can have they stink
No, The Dead have yet to be remastered on SACD. It's the best redbook I can afford from here on out....