Where does your user name come from?

Hi everyone,
I'm curious to know what's the story behind your user name (or Alias)... There are a bunch of people that use their name (of parts of it) like myself, Albert Porter, GerryM5, Esoler...

But where does user name like Cornfedboy, Garfish, Calloway, Tireguy, SwampWalker (and many many others) come from? Any story behind?

Just curious
lgregoir
Not very original I know but it came from an Elliot Sharp albumn which was reviewed/pictured in a recent Absolute Sound issue discussing Free Jazz guitar. I've heard this guy perform live numerous times here in nyc and his music siezes to amaze

Chris
when I FIRST GOT A pc ABOUT SIX YEARS AGO, THEY TOLD ME TO USE SCREEN NAMES AND PASSWORDS i COULD REMEMBER... HAVING NO REAL ADVANCE WARNING I HAD TO GENERATE ONE IMMEDIATELY... WRITING IT DOWN SERVED NO PURPOSE, BUT STATING THE OBVIOUS IS A PRETTY EASY THING TO REMEMBER. I HAVE SINCE THAT TIME DEVELOPED OTHER'S BUT FOR FRIENDS & NON BUSINESS THIS ONE STUCK.
Great question!
Mine is from the wonderful novel "Magister Ludi" The Glass Bead Game.
ludimagis
Mine is an assigned username, and is used only because I figured I could remember it. If I had it to do over, it would be "saidentary."