Where does your user name come from?

Hi everyone,
I'm curious to know what's the story behind your user name (or Alias)... There are a bunch of people that use their name (of parts of it) like myself, Albert Porter, GerryM5, Esoler...

But where does user name like Cornfedboy, Garfish, Calloway, Tireguy, SwampWalker (and many many others) come from? Any story behind?

Just curious
lgregoir
It actually came about quite spontaneously when I discovered this site, or was it AA? I dig the warm glow of tubes and a hallowed film from the early 70's, The Groove Tube, remember that one when Wally and Beaver Cleaver made a cameo appearance? Yeah, now you remember.

Onhwy61 - a very poignant tale. Don't give up, they may yet be back. btw, does Myrtice ring a bell?
Ahh, The Groove Tube...Brown 25...It has the strength of steel, the flexibility of rubber and the nutritional value of beef stew. Brown 25...from UrAnus.
back in the late 70's I had an EMT moving coil that had fairly low output and you could crank the volume(Gain) knob on my ARC pre all the way around and not clip the amp on most material. We called it visiting Max.
Pops was my grandfather - one of the coolest guys I have ever known - it's why I'm so cool...