Any DAC better than the MF A324 Upsampler?

Hi,
I own a Musical Fidelity Upsampling DAC, I bought it a while ago to replace a EAD 7000 III It's a pretty good unit though I always thought it was something of a sideways step compared with the EAD.
So, can anyone recommend a DAC in the $1500 (used) range that would knock the spots off the A324.
Or....would anyone suggest that there is little or nothing to be gained without going to a much higher priced unit?

Your thoughts please.

Thanks
128x128rooze
Hi Rooze
yes for shore try a different power cord , maby from your local dealer or a buddy, it may lead to nothing but its worth a shot, i have used many different interconnect cables and mains cables over the years and each one has its strengths, i live in australia and there are some great cable companys manufacturing down here, look at EICHMANN, CAWSEY,SONICARTAUDIO, TMC CABLES, or look at audioreview.com for some reviews on the above companys. good luck and all the best from western australia.
Rooze, since you're still receiving suggestions and they're now getting into power cords, here's another. What digital cable are you using? An excellent one is the Stereovox HDXV for only $100.00. You can call John Pharo at The Cable Company, 1-800-fat-wyre and talk to him about the digital cable and power cords. The Cable Company has a library where you may "check out" cables, etc. and try them in your system, The power cord and digital cable might be a major upgrade without being a lot of money. Spiking you CD player and DAC with AudioPoints will also surprise you.
Thanks Krell Man, my digital cable is the MIT Reference, sold for $350.00 I did notice some improvement when I went to the MIT from a lower cost cable, so perhaps going a few more rungs up the cable ladder might help - as you suggest.
I haven't tried spikes yet, I've used Vibrapods with little or no effect.

Rooze
Agree with Danlib1 - the Electro ECD-1 is probably the best stock DAC on the market, particularly at that price point. However, it lacks focus and HF dynamics/extension. Mods make it much better, although it is not the best modded DAC on the market, it is probably #2 or #3.
Rooze, it's funny, but I had (still have) the MIT Digital Reference. Please!, please!, please! call John Pharo at The Cable Company, 1-800-fat-wyre and ask his opinion about the Stereovox HDXV and a test listen, tell him that Chuck Davis sent you. The MIT was good in it's time, but with the progress made in technology, the newer cables are amazing. The Stereovox HDXV is made by Chris S. who made the Kimber D-60. The reviews are fantastic, as is the cable when you hear it, and it's only $100.00. The Acoustic Zen MC Squared is great too, but it's $300.00. You could be amazed at the benefits of the newer cables.