Any DAC better than the MF A324 Upsampler?

Hi,
I own a Musical Fidelity Upsampling DAC, I bought it a while ago to replace a EAD 7000 III It's a pretty good unit though I always thought it was something of a sideways step compared with the EAD.
So, can anyone recommend a DAC in the $1500 (used) range that would knock the spots off the A324.
Or....would anyone suggest that there is little or nothing to be gained without going to a much higher priced unit?

Your thoughts please.

Thanks
128x128rooze

Showing 2 responses by rooze

Thanks for input so far, I think the MF sounds ok, but not great. I ran it side by side with my EAD 7000, and given that the EAD was 6/7 yrs old and didn't do the upsampling thing, I was expecting to hear more of an improvement.
The EAD seamed a little warmer, a little more analog sounding and had a little more in the bass. It didn't have the same degree of air, detail and transparancy as the MF, which was ultimately the reason for changing, but I figure there has to be a reasonably priced DAC that has analog warmth with detail and transparency. I guess when I listen to good SACD recordings, they have that warmth and analog feel that I'm looking to get from CD, within the constraints of the medium of course.

Steam - I haven't tried changing power cords, so I'll give that a whirl over the weekend, I was a 'cable skeptic' but I'm slowly coming around to the possibility that they make a difference!!
Nate - I can't argue with the TT pitch, I will probably end up with another vinyl setup in the near future.

Rooze
Thanks Krell Man, my digital cable is the MIT Reference, sold for $350.00 I did notice some improvement when I went to the MIT from a lower cost cable, so perhaps going a few more rungs up the cable ladder might help - as you suggest.
I haven't tried spikes yet, I've used Vibrapods with little or no effect.

Rooze