most analog sounding CDP

What CDP would have the smoothest,most fatigue-free analog sound?
rusvit
Hi Again
By the way my name is Fred. I'm kind of new to posting. The dealer I purchased the Trivista from, allowed me to audition the Audio Aero Capital in my system for about a month. I then had the same opportunity with the Trivista. I felt the Trivista very slightly better (but close to the same)than the Audio Aero. Since I was all hyped up on the new SACD format (pretty foolish on my part I think) I elected to purchase the Trivista. I did feel both units were superior to the Accuphase, but not by a large margin.

As far as sounding better than analog, it is of course subjective, but a couple of things come to mind. First i don't have a Rockport, only a Basis 2001 w/ Vector arm & Shelter cartridge. I am willing to concede with the Rockport, my opinion would more than likely be different.

The Reimyo just gives me a clear window into the music. It does not sound digital, but it has none of the analog deficiencies. Record noise. the inevitable pop even found on my well cared for records. I just prefer it. Your mileage may vary as they say.
I'm not familiar the the EMM Labs. The Reimyo does have the exclusive use of technology licensed from JVC XRCD. Both the DAC and the transport derive from the XRCD recording equipment. I know personally I really enjoy the sound of XRCDs. Maybe its my tastes coming thru.
I believe it is a matter of personal taste.
I have heard the Reimyo under show conditions (about 1 hour)and found it too detailed/bright/clear IMHO.
You are correct in comparing it to XRCD CDs, which sound slightly overcooked IMS.
If you compare Bill Evan's Live at the Village Vanguard LP (early edition) to a XRCD you will agree with me.
Anyway the Reimyo MAY be an excellent choice, depending on taste and sinergy with the the system/room.
celebrat,
What's the list price of the Reimyo? I also have some questions about the rest of your system. Maybe I could email you if possible?