Stay away from UPS. Never use UPS.

This is an edited mail to a seller on how UPS screwed up a LP that I was search for many months.

Hi, UPS left the DCC record at my front door. And I was speechless. Tears almost came to my eyes .... because I finally found it and UPS just wrecked it. I did wish the record was packed better but I don't know what they did to wreck my LP like this. They bent the package and the record inside. I still am very angry by this handling because I have wanted this record. It's useless now because my VPI Aries can't track this would-have-been beautiful record. Man, what a criminals these UPS guys are. This is the 3rd time that they screwed me up like this.

I hope that I can get the refund from the seller. After all, the package could have been better, i.e., a lot more padding than a piece of carton to pad.

Still am furious
cuonghuutran
While I have no great love for UPS, the seller is liable for shoddy packaging & owes you a full refund + shipping.
Everyone has horror stories about all shipping companies, Fedex destroyed a Jeff Rowland amp on me once-I was pissed at the time, but it is just a tangible item; it isn't really important enough to get worked up over. Good luck with it.
~Tim
received a small metal folding table today to put next to my grill. It was in a cardboard box & what looked like a used one at that. No other packing materials (plastic bag doesn't count). This is from the manufacturer. I'm lucky it was only bent in a few spots. It bent back easily. I'm just happy it wasn't creased. If it was a piece of audio gear just stuck in a box you can only imagine the amount of damage.

Improper packing creates more problems than the carrier does.
Hey vinyl guy, I feel your pain. What was the title? Maybe we could keep our eyes open for another one on the market.
Watkins was recommended when I purchased a pair of speakers because the seller had some bad luck with UPS. Well the speakers arrived in excellent condition but the boxes were beat up due to shipping (obviously not handled well). Thank God they were packaged well(double boxed). I inspected the speakers before accepting them much to the dismay of the person driving the truck. I agree with tireguy all shippers are questionable.

Chuck