Which cone's or platforms have helped?

I am curious which Cones or platforms you guys are using on your equipment that have given the best performance? Which products have you tested head to head? Which products were a big disapointment? I am currently looking at the mapleshade cones. I am already using a large maple base like they recommend. I am posting this under digital because I have been told that it can make the biggest difference on CD players.
tennispro
On Nordost Pulsars. I have obtained the best results with components using these under the shelf on which the component sits. Also, prefer them for heavier rather than lighter components, sets of 4 rather than 3. On my cdp, the best sound was with the machine directly on a Neuance, the Neuance itself on 4 ceramic cones -- not Pulsars. On the other hand, Pulsars did a good job screwed directly onto the factory support of a pair of Avanti IIIs... It's a strange world!
Hello,Its hard to get your hands around a soup sandwich. Mixing shelves of different thickness and different woods with rubber pucks and points of steel with those of carbon fiber or titanium, brass or lead, sitting on grandmoms girdle between two layers of bubble wrap is not the scientific approach. How can you possibly know which one of these materials is the right one when they are so thrown together? How can you know which of these shapes is the right one when they are so thrown together. There are products out there with a single approach that work for me. However this one single means, has me using all the same theories based on actual physics with the same materials and same ratio's thruout. This single focused approach has made it all so apparent that the science of resonance transfer truly works. Once you hear these devices and how they perform so well and understand how they really work, a light bulb will turn on in your head and you will suddenly say that makes so much sense! Once you start down this one lane road you will be able to predict the nature of improvement for each new point, platform or rack that you add to your system. This approach becomes cumlative in nature and the sonic improvement continues resulting with the same, consistently huge, dynamically focused soundstage. There is no turning back!
The original concept of Neuance shelves was to stop all the tinkering. Ken wanted to produce a product that would work well alone with simple rubber footers. If you simply upgrade all your MDF to Neuance, or at least the front end equipment, the result is something that you could rest assured your 90% there. For those of use with serious tweaking disease only 100% will do. Neuance is a first and often last step.
I now have a review to write on these Nordost titanium Pulsar Points; they better even the Orchard Bay titanium's. With my equipment warmed up I am now amazed; I will of course follow up with that info. here.

The quality of this product is subtle indeed; they don't come right out & hit you over the head --- you have to listen for awhile before you realize just how good they really are.

Will post my next report when I've converted my notes into an actual writeup; I have some more experimenting to do as well, but I've already decided to buy the review sample.
...more later...
Just so as to not keep you waiting here's my unedited scribble-notes on Pulsar's:
3 Pulsar's mounted directly contacting the CDP chassis
Black Diamond shelf below Pulsar's + Vibrapods under Black Diamond shelf.
MDF composition rack shelf base

seriously good - very good

overall more polite natural & musically refined than Orchard Bay's -
(Orchard Bay is Nordost on steroids - similar sound but more hyperextension of bass & treble & also more punchy + dynamic)

stages speakers back a few feet - deeper stage with nice center image floating above & in front of speakers
longer & deeper decay - you hear deeper into the music & micro detail

less bass depth but still nicely controlled well defined bass (but wish they had better extension of bass like the OB's have)

midrange liquidity - smoother vocals esp. female

smoother highs - more scintillating & reduced digital glare while revealing subtle sonic detail

maintains good sense of timing - good PRaT toe-tapping rhythm

you don't notice at first just how good the Pulsar's really are - it's a subtlety thing

only after listening for awhile & hearing all of the things that the Pulsar's do so well do you begin to really understand the quality of what you are hearing

Please contact member Chichiuno for details on a great deal for these Pulsar's, but be very careful, Anthony makes it so easy - could become a costly habit.