Do materials alter frequencies and speed?

Does anyone manufacture cables made from premium copper, silver and carbon? Would the combination be additive or muddy?
deckhous
I extrapolated the figures that i posted from the original data that you were referencing. According to that data, the zip cord showed a .25 dB drop just above 20 KHz at 8 ohms. There was no mention of results into a 4 ohm load there, so i have to wonder where you obtained the figure of .1 dB at 4 ohms. Obviously, these figures don't jive mathematically, so there is some disparity in terms of testing methods and / or materials used. Sean
>
>>According to that data, the zip cord showed a .25 dB drop just above 20
KHz at 8 ohms.<<

As usual, this is vague. "Just above 20Khz?" When you talk about
a .1 dB drop at 20Khz as if it is the Niagra Falls, who knows what "Just
above" means to you. But, even if this were true, .25 dB is still waaaaay
below the 3.05 dB change needed for detection WITHIN the audio band.
>>i have to wonder where you obtained the figure of .1 dB at 4 ohms.<<

From ----

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/interconnects/
SpeakerCableFaceoffp2.htm

Table 3 illustrates comparative insertion loss, total loss at 20 kHz, and
associated change in group delay within the audio band for 10ft lengths of
cables based on their measured RLC parameters all terminated into 4 ohm
loads.

Go there, look at the table, and you find that a 10 foot lngth of 12 AWG Zip
Cord measured .088 dB down at 20Khz when driven into 4 Ohms.

It's all the same stuff I've posted to you before.
I specifically mentioned 22 KHz at 8 ohms in my previous post. Is that specific enough for you? If it isn't, please refer to the article that you based your entire argument on. Other than that, anyone that can do the math should have been able to extrapolate the center frequency at 8 ohms based on the divisible factor of .5 as impedance is halved. Sorry if this is too complex for you. Sean
>
Why not conduct some simple "non blind folded" listening tests and see what you find? I'll send you some inexpensive Nordost cabling and you can listen to it in comparison to both zip cord and to your Canare's. Given that the zip cord and Nordost are both quite high in nominal impedance, this should be a relatively "apples to apples" comparison in your eyes. I would be willing to accept your findings, regardless of the outcome. This will either confirm the ideas that you've been promoting on-line or open up your eyes, ears and thought process to a whole different world. Sean
>