Cleaning Phono Stylus- white residue

I have been an audiophile for many years but I am just a novice with analog. I have been using a Transfiguration Axia cartridge on a Vector 3 tonearm. I was wondering about the best way to clean the stylus. I have been using Record Research Lab LP#9 liquid stylus cleaner with brush. Although Transfiguration recommends holding the cartridge vertically, the Vector does not have a removable head shell. As such I've been gently taking the damp brush and moving it forward over the stylus. Recently I looked at the bottom of the cartridge near the stylus and noticed a white residue?? I'm wondering if this residue is related to the liquid cleaner and also hoping I didn't get any liquid into the cartridge mechanism. I read about using a dry Mr Clean Magic Eraser, lowering the stylus onto a small section of the eraser, and abandoning the liquids. Any advice from experienced analog lovers is most welcome! Thanks in advance.
audiobrian
I've rehabilitated at least a dozen supposedly "worn out" cartridges with a proper stylus cleaning using Magic Eraser. All they needed was something abrasive enough to remove built up residue, followed by a dry brushing to remove loosened particles.

In only one case was the ME insufficient. That stylus had so much burnished-on crud that it needed a sliver of ultrafine sandpaper and slow, careful scrubbing to remove it. Sandpaper is not as crazy as it sounds. Linn provided sandpaper stylus cleaning slips with their cartridges for many years.

Haven't tried Sunnyboy's new Lyra liquid cleaner, so can't speak to how well it would remove baked on crud.
Doug
I don't think the Lyra liquids old or new would be ideal for removing baked crud. That would require something abrasive and the ME is excellent. I switched to the Lyra liquids at Jonathan Carr's suggestion and the results I am getting with the new generation SPT are amazing. It's almost like a tone control, cleans up any harshness in the upper frequencies.
IME a must do for any stylus cleaning regime is a good loupe and a LED torchlight. Periodic inspection/cleaning IMHO enhances cart life
Pradeep
Sunny- You mentioned newer formulations of SPT, but the Lyra website seems to offer only one SPT product- is that it (the latest formulation in what appears to be the same packaging)? I used this stuff when I had Lyra cartridges, but that was quite a while ago.
Agree you need to periodically inspect the stylus. Clean records also make a difference. :)
Whart
The packaging is the same. I got a sample of the new fluid when my Atlas was refurbished by Lyra. The instructions were to use the original SPT and than after a few minutes of playtime a reclean with the "new SPT". The results are stunning.
Njoy