Cleaning Phono Stylus- white residue

I have been an audiophile for many years but I am just a novice with analog. I have been using a Transfiguration Axia cartridge on a Vector 3 tonearm. I was wondering about the best way to clean the stylus. I have been using Record Research Lab LP#9 liquid stylus cleaner with brush. Although Transfiguration recommends holding the cartridge vertically, the Vector does not have a removable head shell. As such I've been gently taking the damp brush and moving it forward over the stylus. Recently I looked at the bottom of the cartridge near the stylus and noticed a white residue?? I'm wondering if this residue is related to the liquid cleaner and also hoping I didn't get any liquid into the cartridge mechanism. I read about using a dry Mr Clean Magic Eraser, lowering the stylus onto a small section of the eraser, and abandoning the liquids. Any advice from experienced analog lovers is most welcome! Thanks in advance.
audiobrian
Doug
I don't think the Lyra liquids old or new would be ideal for removing baked crud. That would require something abrasive and the ME is excellent. I switched to the Lyra liquids at Jonathan Carr's suggestion and the results I am getting with the new generation SPT are amazing. It's almost like a tone control, cleans up any harshness in the upper frequencies.
IME a must do for any stylus cleaning regime is a good loupe and a LED torchlight. Periodic inspection/cleaning IMHO enhances cart life
Pradeep
Sunny- You mentioned newer formulations of SPT, but the Lyra website seems to offer only one SPT product- is that it (the latest formulation in what appears to be the same packaging)? I used this stuff when I had Lyra cartridges, but that was quite a while ago.
Agree you need to periodically inspect the stylus. Clean records also make a difference. :)
Whart
The packaging is the same. I got a sample of the new fluid when my Atlas was refurbished by Lyra. The instructions were to use the original SPT and than after a few minutes of playtime a reclean with the "new SPT". The results are stunning.
Njoy
If the white detritus seems to be a build up of very small white dust and flakes it is worn vinyl - yes, from the record. If you magnify it, then watch a tiny drop of acetone when dripped on it, you'll see it melt together.

The vinyl comes up in little "rods" when you play a record, and without magnification, it looks like pretty fine dust without color. In such small pieces the vinyl is not opaque, you can really not see any pigment. This is the way any dyed material that is not super dense in dye appears when you get it thin enough.

In my experience heavily profiled stylus tips seem to pick up more vinyl dust and flakes. In any case, if you imagine the miles of groove that the stylus travels it is pretty amazing, and this represents a small amount of vinyl relative to that tracing distance.
Thanks for all the helpful advice gentlemen!
Need I clean the bottom of the cartridge (white buildup Kiddman states is vinyl dust from the record grooves) or just leave it be?
What type of magnifier are you using....I know my eyesight isn't good but I can hardly make out the stylus with 5.0 readers....I find it difficult to avoid the cantilever when cleaning with a dry stylus brush.
Does anyone use the long bristle brush included inside and built into the cap of the RRL or Mobile Fidelity LP#9 liquid stylus cleaner, to clean the stylus?
Thanks!