VenHaus Pulsar™ interconnects

Has anyone used this product as an audio IC (it apparently can be used in digital and video applications, too)? What were your impressions? I own some VenHaus PCs that rock, and am interested in what any owner of the VenHaus ICs has to say. In advance, thanks for your reply.

VenHaus site: http://venhaus1.com/VH_Audio_Test.html
djbnh
KP: You crack me up : )

Tvad: Thanks for taking the time to offer up your initial thoughts. I would only add that changing the location of each interconnect i.e. the components that they interphase together could very well change the observed results. As mentioned, interconnects act as impedance transformers / buffers, so finding what cable works best where is half the battle.

Other than that, i'm glad that you felt that "burning" was beneficial. I do agree with a lot of your primary assessments of this cable i.e. it may not be the world's best in any given category, but it surely offers extremely solid performance for the money involved. I'll refrain from making any other statements as i'd like to see what you think after listening to them in your system for a while.

I would suggest tinkering with all Pulsars, Pulsar's in one place but not another, etc... to see what works best in your system. As mentioned, my thoughts are that cables do require some "settling time" with actual music playing through them once moved about, so give each configuration some time before passing judgment. We appreciate the effort and the amount of detail that you're offering here. Sean
>
Tvad my impression after reading your review between
Au24 and the VH Pulsar,I have a feeling the Au24 is
better between the two,because I am very familiar
with Au24,it is truly exceptional ic,no glare,just
music,maybe for the price the Pulsar is the way to
go for the price,I think VH is selling them 50% off, at
this time.Which is more dynamic between the two.
So does anyone use XLR Pulsar? And why are they so much more money than single ended version? Do they use 2 wires per channel since Pulsar is co-axial and will need 2 wires to achieve true balance configuration. I need a really long run, don't want to make a $1000 mistake.
Some of you seem to think that there can be a "best" interconnect. There can't be. There isn't an interconnect made that can act as a perfect link / impedance transformer between the multitudes of different input and output impedances that each different combo of gear presents. When you realize that, you'll be a lot better off, both system-wise and financially.

Now if all gear had the same nominal input & output impedances, that would be a different story. By this, i mean that either the input impedance was identical to the output impedance ( how it should be ) OR that the input impedance on all gear was a set value and the output impedance on all gear was a set value. In either case, you could design a cable to work with those specifics, but until that is the case, interconnects will remain a matter of guesswork due to the individual component to component interphase and personal preferences. Sean
>

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1091554516&read&3&4&