need your help flying blind.

just purchased a pair of vandersteen 3a sigs now looking for a pair of analog ic's (1m) and speaker cables (bi-wire 16' pair). want as neutral as possible because i'm going to use them to demo cdp and amps/pre (solid state and tube) in my home. would like to keep total price under $500. thanks for all the help.

aloha keith.
Ag insider logo xs@2xatagi
you could check out 47 labs OTA speaker cable/interconnect kit. Run a search for OTA and a long thread will come up. I believe it's about $600 new for 50 meters.
call up richard vandersteen, he is a great guy and can offer insight into what you are looking to acomplish with the speaker cable

he designs his gear around specific amps & speaker cables and such.

i would start there and ask other vandersteen 3 owners to what is synergistic with them.

in regards to a neutral interconnect....hummm.....what is your source, pre, and amp ? looking at your budget i would consider the:

xlo signiture 1 (very, very netural and transparent, can be a smige lean in the mid. outstanding bass and imaging. can be found used for $125 to $200 (they sell really quick)

discovery plus 4 ( similar to the xlo, but a shade warmer and nice mid bloom - outstanding bargain @ $150-$175 used)

the 2 above cables were originally $600/meter cables.

the coincident is nice, but the top is pulled back a smige.not bad but the all the other have more refined extension at both ends.

the straightwire sernade....awesome bottom end ( on par or a little better than the xlo, nice top and good imaging..nice bloom in the mid...has a "big-dramatic full" and dynamic sound. can be found for $175 used.

for speaker cables , check out the discovery 1-2-3 from discovery direct. the cable is TAS & stereophile reccomended. the owner is a true gentleman. if you look for reviews in discovery you will not find any bad press or remarks. i think you can start with a single bi--wire run and then upgrade to a shotgun config when you have some more funds-the differenc is dramatic.

mahollo from san diego,

mike
btw, sean in right on about the lenght.

is there a way to go less than 16 feet ?