wnat to downgrade my cables

I feel like I have too much $$ in my cabling considering the price of my system. Have all Yamamura M5000 and would rather have the $1000+ I would get used to put towards an amp upgrade and lesser cables. I like the warm sound of the yams. my system is:
Cary CD-308
Cary SLI-80
MM deCapo speakers

Thanks
stuartbranson
I liked the Discovery Essence a lot, but couldn't really tell it from my previous Red Dawn...both a bit too lean. SPM solved the balance problem. Again, pricier flavorings....
I have borrowed and now bought a Mastersound/Vaic 300b SE, 15w SET integrated amp. Much more revealing of cable differences and now I feel that my choices are much harder. In fact I have no idea how to choose anymore. It's my first foray into the low watts class A amps and though I love the midrange, I find the bass definition a little lacking. I know it's a stretch to use cables to help out a system but just before I sent off the Yamamuras I did an A/B with the Sonoran Deserts I also borrowed. Made me wish I hadn't sold the Yamamuras. The Sonorans kind of undid some of the beauty the SET imparted to the music. Brought everything forward and cut the depth considerably. I guess I prefer the warm side of neutral, or so I assume considering my choices, but now I am looking for the depth again. All the comments about my room are not usefull, though I appreciate them and the importance, but I cannot do anything about it considering my current living situation. Speaker placement is about as good as I can do and the stands are filled with sand to about 70lbs a piece. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and spend some money because I just can't settle for the sound I have now. Signal Cables, Verastarr? Any of these even worth the effort or am I going to have to buy another set of Yamamuras or P.A.D. Colossus (I like the IC), or Audience Au24s. Can't really audition any around here especially since I have no intention of buying new from a dealer. Any other ideas. Ernie, I have had Nordost Blue Heavens in the past but found them thin, but then again, my system has no common components since I owned them. I too have fond memories of the HT Truthlink.
I just want to toss Bogdan cables into the foray. Audioasylum has a pretty good following on these if you want to read up on them.
Stuart:

Don't really know your price range, but I have used 47 Labs OTA speaker cable and IC's with two SET based systems.

I downgraded from an Audion 300B SET amp to Bottlehead kit SET amps and their preamp, but kept the OTA cable.

It has worked well with all of my gear (vintage Pilot 232 6bq5 push/pull amp, vintage SE 6bq5 amps, etc.).

The cable kit runs $600 and will make up 3 pairs of IC's plus speaker cable (50 meters of cable is supplied).
Well my price range has changed. I started this looking for a $200 cable(used) that would replace the $450-500 Yamamuras (used). I was hopeful that someone would know my gear or the type of sound I would like and give me some avenues for research. I've gotten many ideas but after my latest experiments(YamM5000,SonoranDesert/XLO pro1200) I admit that I am leery of dropping the $200 because I realize that my expectations were, likely, unrealistic. I know there's alot of overpriced cables but some are expensive AND good and some are moderate and good. I'm starting to wonder about the cheap and good. So maybe my budget is going back up to the $600(used) mark because it'll be worth it if I hear what I know is there.