Warm, smooth cd with good bass under 1700 used ok

I have Talon Perigrines,New class A Alchemist 200 WPC amp, Alchemist SS pre, Shuynata Hydra, and a Proceed CDP. The CDP is going soon. Looking for a replacement CD. Here is what is on my short list: Resolution cd50/55, Metronome CD1V, Audiomeca Keops or Obsession, Audio Analouge Maestro, or Rega Jupiter2000. I would like balanced but this is not manditory. I also have seen a CEC player in this range but know nothing about it. Any Ideas?
scottshannon
Looking for good bass and finesse? You should consider the Theta Miles. It does all music well and comes balanced (optional). Used will be around $1100 ($1300 balanced). Also Meridian 508-24 should fit the bill. Cary 303 seems to be the rage at this time and will fit the budget (used $1700 price range). I don't know if it has the bass qualities you are looking for.

I don't mean to muddy the waters but About 6-8 months ago I was searching for the same qualities in a cdp and my search led me to these players. The Theta fit my budget and added the bass that I needed. It is also forgiving of poorly recorded cd's. Hope this helps. Good luck in your search.
The only clear choice is an Audio Research CD1 used for around $1200 or an Audio Research CD2 used for around $1700. I have a CD1, and before I got it, CD never did a thing for me. It has great bass and is very smooth. The CD2 is even better. They both have any sort of input output you could ask for. You can't go wrong with one of these!
A few years ago I went through a few too many CD players, ML39, ARC CD-2, Sony 7es, and a few seperate transport/DAC combos..
...and I still like the sound of the Classe CDP-1 best.
Agree with Loontoon, but would suggest trying the EVO Millenium DAC II. Ric provides a 30-day money back trial so you have nothing but shipping cost to lose and it's a great dac.

If you want to stick to one-box, add the Aero Audio Prima to your short list. Not up to its big brother the Capitole, but its the best I heard for $1500 list, and I'm using one in my second system and very happy.