Warm, smooth cd with good bass under 1700 used ok

I have Talon Perigrines,New class A Alchemist 200 WPC amp, Alchemist SS pre, Shuynata Hydra, and a Proceed CDP. The CDP is going soon. Looking for a replacement CD. Here is what is on my short list: Resolution cd50/55, Metronome CD1V, Audiomeca Keops or Obsession, Audio Analouge Maestro, or Rega Jupiter2000. I would like balanced but this is not manditory. I also have seen a CEC player in this range but know nothing about it. Any Ideas?
scottshannon

Showing 1 response by artemus_5

Looking for good bass and finesse? You should consider the Theta Miles. It does all music well and comes balanced (optional). Used will be around $1100 ($1300 balanced). Also Meridian 508-24 should fit the bill. Cary 303 seems to be the rage at this time and will fit the budget (used $1700 price range). I don't know if it has the bass qualities you are looking for.

I don't mean to muddy the waters but About 6-8 months ago I was searching for the same qualities in a cdp and my search led me to these players. The Theta fit my budget and added the bass that I needed. It is also forgiving of poorly recorded cd's. Hope this helps. Good luck in your search.