Super Scoutmaster or Teres?

I'm looking to upgrade my VPI HW19 Junior turntable and after speaking at length with Mike at VPI today, I'm close to deciding to get the Super Scoutmaster. Before doing so, I'm wondering if a Teres 245 or 255 turntable would be the better choice. With a $900 Origin Live tonearm, the Teres would cost about a thousand dollars less, and I've heard great things about their tables, especially their motors. On the other hand, I feel comfortable with the stability of VPI as a company and am impressed with the basic turntable that I have. I also like the outer ring clamp that they provide to hold down the vinyl. I'd like to hear your views.
mlkiz
Sklipknot1,

If Edle were attacking Teres instead of VPI,would you be more calm?

Besides Brinkmann,I'm a VPI owner and I have been using VPI Aries JMW10 for 3 years (I also had owned Scout for 3 weeks before selling it on Gon)

Please don't be mad if someone dislike a product that you have since it just makes things worst!

Mlkiz,

VPI is fine turntable maker. The only problem with VPI is just the arm. It doesn't have the Anti-Skating. I've never been able to get it right,as my 10.5 (Brinkmann,not VPI), with twisting the wire. I love both VPI/Teres clamp technique and will love to try the outer ring in the future.

Cheersss

Teres, VPI,SME, Walker (insert brand here). I still would have called them on it. It is inappropriate to take such a cheap shot without offering your reasons for doing so.

Therein lies the inherent problem with the Internet. It is the "world's largest soapbox". In the anonymity of cyberspace, it is easy to hit-and-run without defending your position.

I have no problem with someone who doesn't like VPI products, even though I myself have opted to use them. Making a broad generalization is what I take issue with. several responses to this thread have asked politely (despite the crass nature of Edle's comment) for clarification; none has been forthcoming. Further, the remark regardless of manufacture it was aimed at, contributes nothing to the subject or nature of the thread.
Excellent point Joe. Well now that that's over (hopefully!) I am enjoying the sound of my Aries and JMW10. I think the Scoutmaster is a great table that is perhaps a tad more lively than my Aries/10 combo, although I do prefer the more neutral and slightly softer sound( than the scoutmaster) of the Aries/10. The Super Scoutmaster, while I have not had the pleasure to have heard it..I know that it does indeed compete with more of the TNT v4-5 based on VPI's own evaluation of it and it's designed price point. The Teres 245 is a awesome table and one which has many of us into Vinyl very excited about.( Im excited, and haven't even heard a Teres!) I think you cant go wrong with either choice here( Cop out answer I know) but, at this level It does become a choice based on reviews,inquirey, personal preference and designs. Of course money may play a definate role too. Best of Luck with your choice.