Super Scoutmaster or Teres?

I'm looking to upgrade my VPI HW19 Junior turntable and after speaking at length with Mike at VPI today, I'm close to deciding to get the Super Scoutmaster. Before doing so, I'm wondering if a Teres 245 or 255 turntable would be the better choice. With a $900 Origin Live tonearm, the Teres would cost about a thousand dollars less, and I've heard great things about their tables, especially their motors. On the other hand, I feel comfortable with the stability of VPI as a company and am impressed with the basic turntable that I have. I also like the outer ring clamp that they provide to hold down the vinyl. I'd like to hear your views.
mlkiz

Showing 3 responses by audio999

Sklipknot1,

If Edle were attacking Teres instead of VPI,would you be more calm?

Besides Brinkmann,I'm a VPI owner and I have been using VPI Aries JMW10 for 3 years (I also had owned Scout for 3 weeks before selling it on Gon)

Please don't be mad if someone dislike a product that you have since it just makes things worst!

Mlkiz,

VPI is fine turntable maker. The only problem with VPI is just the arm. It doesn't have the Anti-Skating. I've never been able to get it right,as my 10.5 (Brinkmann,not VPI), with twisting the wire. I love both VPI/Teres clamp technique and will love to try the outer ring in the future.

Cheersss