Speaker wire, help my laid back sound??

Currently running the following:
Sony XA777ES SACD through
Harmonic Tech Truth link to:
Sim Audio P3
Harmonic Tech Pro Silaway II/balanced to:
Sim Audio W5
via Goertz MI2 Veracity Bi-Wired, 27 feet to
Paradigm Reference 100's (these speakers will be changed in a year or two)
I just bought a 30 run run of HT Pro Silaway/balanced and will now need speaker wire, my system is way to laid back, any suggestions, I was thinking AZ Satori shotgun or HT Pro Plus 9 bi-wire, but looking for some advice?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks
128x128stevekcc
Hey Steve,

I don't have any experience with the Goertz MI2, but have read good things about it. Unless you go to a drastically different type of cable such as one composed of silver I think Newbee is right and you may not get the big, positive change you're hoping for by changing to a more expensive speaker cable.

In my experience gear such as speakers, preamps and amps have made the kind of changes you're hoping for. I just finished comparing five preamps, and it was amazing how different they sounded both in character and dynamics. One tube preamp sounded small and distant, while another tube amp sounded big, bold and in-your-face.

That being said, I still suspect the long runs of speaker cable might be part of the problem.

How big is your room? I'd think the Simaudio W5 would be able to power the Reference 100s quite well, unless the room was gigantic.
Hi Gunbei
My room is 18'long X 15.5' wide X 9'high, my speakers are on the long axis. Keep in mind also the room is completely open on the wide axis at one end. Thanks for all your advice thus far.
Gotta agree with Gunbei. I owned the 100s and would never describe them as you have.

Good luck-

m-
Hmmm, the room doesn't seem overly large. It could be the surrounding furniture, rugs, bookcases, etc... deadening the sound.

My guess is the open space on the side may be sucking the sound out. That and/or the long cable lengths. I suspect it's an acoustic phenomena.

We need to have Rives chime in.
My first thought was the Harm Tech was laid back, I think the Alpha Core is lively.

My Harm Tech comment is based on having owned Acoustic Zen and having read they have very similar sound as both were designed by Robert Lee.