taming studio 100's

Just got my studio 100's and am using it with audioquest type +6 cables, which are bi-wired. Connected to an Odyssey Stratos amp. The speaker is a bit brighter in my living room than anticipated. Have a large throw rug and bare floors otherwise. Any suggestions for new speaker cables so that I could tame the brightness? Speakers were dealer demos so they should otherwise be broken in. Also, would appreciate any input as far as subwoofer settings for my paradigm pw-2200. Subwoofer is next to left speaker. Living room is 16X25. Speakers are 7ft apart and listening space is about 14-15ft away. Any input would be appreciated.
phizzer
I agree with the other posts - extend the distance between the speakers or sit a couple feet closer. Toe them in 10 deg. or so. If possible, damp the wall behind and to the sides of the speakers with a wall hanging or something similar. Try to do the same for the wall behind the listening position.

As for the subwoof, experiment with the crossover freq., the 100s can go pretty low all by themselves, I'd probably set the crossover at around 35 Hz and give it a good listen. Then, experiment with it set at 30 Hz and see how it sounds...

-RW-
Modify the crossovers. This will make the most substantial improvement, greater than cable tweaks. There is much room for improvement on your crossover boards.
I have my sub set somewhere between 50 and 60Hz. The level is actually quite low as I don't care to be evicted at this time. I wouldn't set the sub any higher.

Lneilb,
Have you tried this with the 100's? I'd be interested to hear more about modding the crossovers.
Thanks for the posts.
I am currently using AQ Copperhead for amp to preamp. Using Phoenix Gold IC's to a Sony 555es SACD Player. Forgot to mention that I have big picture windows stretching all across the rear of the speakers that start after about 3ft of wall height. Medium curtains behind each speaker and sheer panels in the middle. Speakers are now about 30 inches out from rear windows and about a foot and a half from one sidewall. Other speaker does not have sidewall as it is open-dining room alcove. Speakers are now 8feet apart and the listening distance is now 13ft away.
It is beginning to sound better but still needs some tweaking.
Talked to Klaus from Odyssey. He thinks AQ' are a tad bright too.Thinking about Groneberg cables(odyssey) for this setup as Klaus from odyssey says they are very neutral-even a tad dark. should match well. I do get excellent prices for AQ stuff though.
Last thing, Subwoofer crossover starts at 50hz to 150hz so I have it set at about 75hz.
I modded a pair for a friend 2 years ago. Upgraded caps, inductors and resistors. Two weeks later, after burn-in, he was one happy camper. Cheap crossover parts can hold back an otherwise excellent design.