Choice of Wire for Dedicated Line

I'm planning on having a dedicated line run directly to the service panel. There is a LOT of RF in this area; as we have an antenna farm within a few miles. Any specific recommendations for wire?
williampowell
Appreciate all the advice and suggestions. I will try to post some info after this project is complete.
Lak,
How long did you burn-in the 83802? The advantages of Teflon over PVC should become more apparent over time. I trust your front-end is resolving enough to yield a perceiptible difference.
My order of preference:
1. 83802 (12AWG)
2. 10AWG Romex
3. 12AWG Romex
Something about a quieter background yielding greater perceived dynamics, especially at lower listening levels.
Its as though subtle details are more discernable, so that loudness doesn't have to be increased. In my case it means more satisfaction in very late night listening sessions....
Red, nice to bump into you again. Is there a "thanksgiving" analog in kiwiland?
I agree with you that setting up dedicated lines is primary, but if you ARE going to do all that labor it seems to make sense to use a finer cable if lengths aren't TOO long, as $2/ft is still a relatively cheap investment toward improvement in our systems. I installed BOTH lines AND PCs made from 83802, and the composite improvement is significant. As to the causation distribution amounts I can't say. I'm getting strong feedback re the improvements in just introducing short DIY 83802 PCs, but I still suspect the more significant improvement lies in using IT from start to finish. I've become a devotee of this red "firewire", and am such a sucket that I'm assembling DIY kits of the stuff with good connectors for what amounts to minimum wage! If some systems don't benefit from it, then at least it's cheap, and it has high WAF when that bright red "firewire" is set in clear 1/2" PVC. Ha.
Keep well, all. Ern
Ern, It is possible that the Beldon 83802 will improve with more time on it. I'll continue to burn it in and get back to you in a few days. I'm using a run of 43'.
Jeffcott. I have found that if you use stock PCs then when you put a dedicated line in, that you will hear an improvement in dynamics and soundstage size, but you will find the sound can be brighter and with a coarser grain. Systems that sounded acceptable with stock PCs, became more fatiguing to listen to with a dedicated feed. When decent PCs are used for every component, then the overall improvement over a non-dedicated feed can be stunning. I have experienced this with around a dozen instalations.

The Romex you have in the US may be different from what we use in NZ (and we call it TPC). But of the three types I have tried, each was quite directional. When used in the wrong direction the sound was relatively thin and flat with a fat indistinct bass. When used in the right direction the sound was more vivid and natural, with better depth, better bass articulation and rhythm. What I have done each time is run the cable from the switch board to the components through the house (ie. not in the wall yet), in one direction and then the other. The difference in sound has been quite marked with each of the three makes of cable available here.

I won't comment on grounding. For a start the topic is big, and has been covered elsewhere in Audiogon. More importantly, when reading through what Americans found was best to do I discovered how different the 115V supply there is to the 230V supply here - with critical differences about ground arrangements.
A year ago I read posts from Redkiwi and others regarding Romex etc being directional. I tested the Romex and UV both directions. Redkiwi and others are correct, it does sound better run one direction versus the other. You have to try it both directions to see what sounds better!