Is the Ortofon Kontrapunkt A compatible with MMF-7

The tonearm is a Project Nine.
I had an inexpensive Ortofon on a Technics back in the early eighties and was quite impressed with it. I'm getting an itch to try the Kontrapunkt on the 7 but am unsure of its compatibility. Thanks
128x128artemus_5
Dkarmeli, how can you say that? The MMF7 stock comes with a Goldring Eroica, a $400 cartridge. Don't diss the table. It's a fine unit, hardly a basic TT. Not the best of the best, certainly, but pretty good.
Eh, I'm not too sure about this. I used to have the mmf7. Just sold it last month. knowing what I know now, there is no way I would invest in a $600 cartridge for the mmf7. No way.
That said. If you have $600 you are willing to invest. I would sell the mmf7 and add you $600 to your funds to buy a better TT. I sold mine, and added $450 to step up. I would never look back. Has to be one of the best things I did.
Hammergjh, I was being kind calling the mmf7 basic, crap is what I really wanted to say. I wonder what you've been listening to if you call the mmf-7 fine and pretty good. But then again, to each his own!
Ok, everyone has their own opinions. Here's a challange to the two posters above who disparaged this TT, put your money where your mouth is. Define, in your terms, why this TT is "crap". What TT's in your opinions are better, why and for how much more $$$. Also, for the same price, is there anything better than the MMF7? To keep this thread on track, define what Artemus can do w/ the 600 bucks he's got on the "table".
This is what infuriates me, has gotten me going to these high end sites less and less. A person posts a question. Many may think it's a stupid one, but a question never the less. The idea is to get people with more experience to help out. He eagerly awaits answers, then some a**hole tells him that he can't do anything because his equipment is crap. I once asked a question about digital devices, and a respondent told me to get rid of my speakers. On the other hand, there have been many great people here that have helped me with a lot of things. A man in California send me free parts for a tonearm, another an owners manual. Neither would take any money. Shows that there's two types of people in the world.