Any one else have this complaint?

I have avalon speakers and the binding posts are on the bottom, and it is a huge pain to change them(speaker cables). I believe Vandy's are the same way. I just changed speaker cables again and it take about an hour to tip them over change the cables get them back on the spikes and then close to the right spot , and toy with them getting them perfect over the next few days. With some speakers you don't have to do this, it is enough of a pain that I would not get another pair of avalons for this reason- am I the only one who thinks it is as annoying as it is? their must be a better way!!
tireguy
Tireguy,
Lighten up a little you knew this when you bought the speakers. For what the Avalons provide you with in enjoyment of the music I myself put up with this small bother. It takes me no longer than 20 minutes to get my Arcus up and running again. At your young age you should enjoy it or you may end up with a tire around your belly! We will than call you tired guy
Tim,

That's one of the reason i sold my Opus and changed with Venture. My new cable won't fit anyway on the Opus.

Do you have the same Opus ?
I believe the terminals are placed on the bottom so that the crossover components can be better isolated. If you can access a cut away view of the speaker you'll see why. As a practical matter, I can see why you think it's a pain.
I have Avalon speakers(Radian HC) and it takes me all of 7 minutes to change cables and return them to the original positions. I can't imagine how it can take you an hour and no I don't have a pit crew helping me.
My Thiel 2.2's are the same way (as are all their other floorstanding models). I believe it's done mainly for a clean cosmetic appearance, and in this it succeeds. But it makes comparing cables a total pain in the ass - for changeover time, physical effort, and in consistent speaker positioning. It also puts the speakers' finish, not to mention the owner's back, in some danger as well. Locating the jacks at the bottom of the rear would be better IMHO, appearances be damned.