Cheap SACD Player or wait for DVD Audio?

Do I understand there is a new Sony player for a reasonable price? Has anyone auditioned or purchased this unit? I heard the $5000 one and thought it looked and sounded great but found the price tag a bit steep given the number of titles available. I would love advice from any gurus on this format
melllowmanca9f
Thank-you Simontju for stating my thoughts. I too am tierd of guys like Joe_ who know everything and listen 8 tracks because of the great sound quality. If he had spent any time listening rather than preaching he would have learned of what he speaks. The "bad anolog" output stage sure sounds good to me. Compare the SCD1 to ANY standard cd player with standard cd's and it's a worthy competiter. Use SACD and it's amazing. The Jacintha "Autumn Leaves" SACD from Groove note is as good as I've ever heard including vinyl. I must say I haven't invested the required $20,000 for the vinyl system that will beat this SACD player, and I can promise that give this format, I NEVER WILL.
Great observation jademo,I just purchased new system? KRELL AMP THETA CASA NOVA .GENESIS APM 1 AND ES 9000. THE FORMAT WILL BE APPROVED AND SUCCESSFUL .YOU MAY ASK WHY ? SUPERIOR SOUND AND DEEP POCKETS BY SONY.WELL WORTH THE $$.
koloft,

don't get me wrong - i don't disagree w/ewe about the superior sound & deep pockets by sony. but these facts alone don't ensure the success of this medium. betamax was far superior to its competition, & the same deep pockets backed it. mebbe not as deep as today, but proportionally, not much different.

regards, doug

Hi, Simontju, could you tell us how to get rid of the 50 KHz low pass filter??? Thanks, Steve
I am an oldtime Audio magazine subscriber who got switched to Sound + Vision (ugh!) after its demise. The latest issue has a very insightful interview with Neil Young. He talks about digital/analog and CDvsSACDvsDVD-A. Please no comments on the magazine or its contents until you read the article. Probably the only article ever in this magazine's history worth reading. You will not be disappointed. You may not agree with Neil but you will not be disappointed. Neil is to the point and very pointed. I will not spoil you with the contents. Buy it read it then comment. Have a Rave Up kind of day!!