Speaker Cable Too Short What to do?

Greetings, I just bought a pair of expensive mit cables but one of them does not quite reach my amp by a foot. What an idiot I am!!!!
I am playing around with the furniture to try to make things work, but is there anything else I can do? Can I use an mit jumper to extend the short cable? Will that degrade the sound? Does it matter that one speaker cable will be longer than the other?
asamuelson
Asamualson, this is a great site, unfortuantely you will learn what Tim the Tireguy mentioned best in another post, when it comes to opinions on eq and cables most people highly recommend.... what they use. Good luck with MIT/Spectral situation - great system IMHO...
You can also lay down an area rug and run the cables under it. Mit cables are big and bulky and it would show but it may make it work.
In view of Perfectimage's suggestion, I would offer an idea that would work if you are trying to lay the cables around an inside corner of a room perimeter. Instead of putting an area rug over the cables, you can drill a neat hole in the floor at each end and run the cables under the floor. There are special caps professional installers use to cover such holes. Perhaps you could take advantage of a diagonal (rather than having to run two sides of a triangle) to save cable length. Good luck.