Spades or bananas

Hi All,
Is there a real difference in sound between spades and bananas (lets say they are both WBT). I understand that spade will give better contact but is the difference audible?

Thanks
lgregoir
Bananas are more convenient especially if you need to schuffle between speakers or speaker wires. Bananas can perform almost like spades if you clean them often. If you don't need to unplug your speaker wire every time I suggest no termination and putting some silver non-lead solder onto the bare wires instead.

Wheather this is audiable or not it depends on how critical your listening is. You might miss small details(sometimes only if you know that they shlould take place on that particular recording) such as quiet sighings, steps far away from a recording microphone...
Spades provide more contact area, thus a better electrical connection. However, bananas are easier to connect and disconnect. As far as sound goes, spades are better in my experience. As Marakanetz states above, no termination is probably the best as long as you "tin" the leads with some high quality quadutectic silver-base solder such as that sold by George Cardas.
They both deliver about the same - sometimes bananas tend to fall out of the connection a bit easier than spades do from being tightened onto the binding posts.