Recommend CD Player with Volume Control

I have Magneplanar 3.6Rs and Classe CAM-350 monoblocks and am looking to add a CD player. Since this will be my only source, I am looking for a CD player that has volume control/variable output and I will bypass the preamp. 24 bit, HDCD, and upgradability are definite advantages. Any suggestions in the $2000 price range (new or used)?
ccandte
Remember this, Shelton, if it were true that none of us could hear similar things from the same equipment/system/room, then there would be no point in having this forum...remember that, and don't forget it, keep it in your memory...
Carl, read my post again. Of course you will hear SIMILAR things. Just as Ejlif clarified (after you forced him to) that he heard similar things from the CD-50 that you did, it's obvious that he did not hear the SAME things. Your raving passion aout the CD-50, like a positive review from one of the high-end mags, will cause and has caused others to seek out the CD-50. However, after an audition, not everyone will draw the SAME rave, positive conclusions. Your personal preferences are just that, yours!
Read the above again, I found essentially none of the things Ryan found, and my conclusions about this player are mine, and also those of many others. And if you bought one, they'd be YOURS! YOURS!
It's obvious that you, Carl, are missing the point that I'm trying to make. This is why. I own, and enjoy tremendously, a CD-50! You were so blinded by the fact that I raised the notion of individuality and personal preferences, that it never entered your mind to ask what I happen to be using in my system. To everyone else, I apologize for getting off track from the initial thread. In that regard, I too recommend the CD-50 without hesitation. That's just MY preference. It may not suit everyone's taste.
OK, so you just wanted to pick an argument, then. That's petty, and if you think you're telling me anything I don't already know (that everyone doesn't like the same thing...although you stated that wrong), you're wasting your time. I was talking specifics, and you were wondering why, when you had the player all along. Pipe down, already...