Which cd player & speakers?

I'm trying to assemble the best cd only playback system I can on a budget. I already bought Threshold T200 amp and T3 pre here on Audiogon. With about 3 to 4k to spend on speakers and cd player, what would be some of the better matches? I really would appreciate any suggestions as this is my first "audiophile" system.
nomad
There really are endless choices that would fit your budget and equipment. May I recommend ,however, that your investigation include an Audio Research CD-2 and a pair of Dunlavy speakers... perhaps the SC-2(s) or 3(s). Long term fatigue free listening is sometimes hard to achieve but is always worth a little extra effort. Best of luck!
A Anthem CD1 will give you a Great Cd Player 1K used.Look for a pair of Used Super Conquest From Coincident.You will be set.The Coincidents will be about 2k.
Hales Revelation 3 speakers(used $1600.-$1800).New they sell for $2200.Read reviews at Audio Review and at Audio Revolution. Resolution Audio CD50 player (used $1500- $1800)Read reviews at A R and search topics here at Sound Advice.I have the Rev 3's in a 24k system(that I am totally satisfied with) and will strongly consider the Cd 50 or 55 when it is time for a digital upgrade. Happy hunting !
hi i am a soliloquy speaker dealer -- and you owe it to yourself to check them out -- www.solspeak.com check out a dealer near you or get in touch with me also look at the new nad-c-540 www.nadelectronics.com please feel free to contact me at any time