Looking To Buy Wide Screen TV

I am in the process of looking to buy a wide screen tv.
What are some things I need to look for in a wide screen?
With all the changes in digital TV I am getting different stories from a few local businesses.
Who has the best prices and service.
All information would help me out tremendously.
lefty0011
Hey, Tim, I hear that memory is the SECOND thing to go.........
and HEY, what is old anyway? be careful, you are in the minority around here, my friend.... :)
To heck with the front projector, I just had an opportunity to spend some time with a Loewe Aconda, if I could go back I would consider getting one of them. Though not near the size of the front projector it was amazing, but then you have to deal with the unit between your speakers(if that is an issue). And I have not forgot about you Albert my friend has been on vacation all week and is coming home tomorrow, so I'll get in touch with him then. Also for the record he is 38 which to me is pretty old to me, heh heh heh ;)
Tim- If Santa doesn't bring you a lump of coal next year, I will!!! Leaving age out of it (38 is YOUNG, I think; can't quite remember that far back), I don't blame you for liking the Aconda. I have a Loewe Planus 16:9. It outputs at 420P and with DVD or a good, uncompressed DSS feed, the picture is amazing. However, I would warn Lefty that for NTSC and some highly compressed DSS channels, the picture quality can easily be beaten by a good analog set like my Tera or a Proton. So as Albert says, a lot really depends on your proposed use. If you are going for mostly DVD and HD signals, I would recommend a Loewe; if your going for NTSC TV and occassional movied I would go with something else.
I actually have a "pet" chunk of Anthracite coal which I like a lot, a great conversation starter. But I could always use another or perhaps a chunk of bituminous coal would be nice, I collect that sort of stuff! FWIW it is hard to locate Bituminous coal so maybe you could get started now :) I also checked out the planus which was a great deal, and if money was a factor with the unit, it would be what I would use, but something about the aconda that does everything so well and looks to boot, not that the planus is ugly by any means just like a 9.5 and the aconda being like a 9.9.
I recently read that Flat screens are NOT as "accurate" or can't be dialed in as well as a curved screen. Anyone else know anything about this ? Sean
>