What was your latest LP find??

Women and shoes...men and vinyl. Ahh, I get it now. I really don't need another copy of my fav' album, but I still have to look.

I really enjoy flipping through the piles of records above and below, and when the blood circulation is cut off and I can't feel my legs, then it's time to move to the next tier or tandem.

My latest find was a SEALED MFSL-Japanese super vinyl pressing of David Bowie - The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust & Spiders from Mars. Sticker price read $15.00 I have 2 copies already, a vinyl copy and a cd copy. Well..."I've got to have it, it's cheap!"

So the next time the little lady wants to buy shoes, make certain there's a record shop close by.
dogpile
Tim:

Sounds good to me though "deep scratches" is a disturbing phrase (as you know). Hope you and the seller work it out.
Out of all the recent LPs I purchased, two stand out as stunning:

Jacintha, "Here's to Ben" - I think it cost me $25 sealed, but a stunning audiophile piece.

Other LP is Stravinsky's "Firebird Suite" - Dorati is the conductor - an old CBS label (kind of like RCA Living Stereo). I managed to get a sealed copy for $50 from Classic Music or some such website. NM copies go for more than $80 on eBay. I can see why though. Talk about dead quiet passages - wow.

I agree with a previous posted on Simply Vinyl recordings - very good stuff. The Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms recording is spectacular. The Money for Nothing track is one of my demo/ impress your friends tracks.

Also worth checking out the two LPs by Theiveiry Corporation - (kind of like Massive Attack or Morcheeba). The quality is stunning - both LPs include 4LPs each, with all songs at 45RM - it's not an afterthought vinyl recording - it's a really good effort to show what vinyl can do.
I have been hooked lately on "Classic Records" and their high quality 200 gram Quiex SV-P virgin vinyl recordings. The most recent two: Nora Jones (come away with me) and Roy Orbison (lonely and blue) have a tendancy to tear my eyes!
Regards,
The only vinyl DCC I ever had a problem with was'the best of the eagles' I felt it was so warm and laid back sounding there was a moderate roll off of HF and lack of detail.
Anyone agree?