Does my acoustic ideology make me an outcast?

I tend to represent the younger crowd and have always found myself at odds with most Audiophiles. I like my music with heavy bass lines, thick mid bass, and sparkling highs.
Not your Andre Bose type stuff, I still believe in accurate reproduction of sound. I just believe a system should be able to mimic any thing from gunshots to whispers - with all the bandwidth and clarity it deserves.

Somehow I never heard that kind of action from a pair of 901's. So, am I the new generation kicking out the old while they cry, kick, and scream? Or could I just be the next evolution of audio..... even 8 tracks were the sh** when they came out, right?

Andrew
Synesthesia Studios
dynami28
No previous generation of audiophiles ever wanted systems that could handle loud gunshots or soft whispers, and certainly not with wide bandwidth and clarity. But if it makes you feel good that you're in a Kafka parable, then it's all good.
You like what you like. Why care what others think? That's just my uninformed take on your situation.
Andrew,How old are you? What are some of the bands that you like to listen to?What is your system?Regards,Ray