Who knows about ACOUSTIC ZEN?

i'm looking for a speakercable between Mark levinson 23.5
and sonus faber extrema.
i'm thinking on the CARDAS golden reference,but some dealer
told me that the Acoustic zen will be a beter match.
can you tell me more about the AZ? (i don't know nothing on
them)
thanks.
musicland
I own the acoustic zen satori speaker wire and matrix interconnect. I had previously been using red dawn and in my system the zens have a very good match with sim, krell newform research gear....the zens, are robert lee's design after leaving harmonic tech....Cables are system dependent but I've found the sims comparable to siltech gen3 in my system...very musical, coherent, fullness of notes. the red dawns are not the best choice on newforms, IMO....the zens are great value for the buck...but of course, try before you buy...cheers, Bluenose
I have a number of Acoustic Zen interconnects (Reference Silver) and their Tsunami power cord. They outperformed all other brands I had tested, including some more than three times more expensive. They transmit the emotion of the performance better than any I have encountered. I enjoyed my Harmonic Tech cables, but found Robert Lee's new designs superior, ( more detail, more realism). The power cord was like giving my CD player steroids. Bluenose is correct, cables are system dependent, but I suspect some brands are more consistent system to system and I believe Acoustic Zen is one of those brands. Good luck.
I've been trying the AZ Satori for the past month and am quite impressed. If you're looking for a cable that doesn't do anything to the signal and simply passes on everything it's fed these are worth a serious look. If you're looking to use cables as some form of tone control look elsewhere. Best of luck.

Tim
I can share my experience with the Acoustic Zen cables with ARC gear and B&W Nautilus speakers, so hopefully, you can audition them in your system to help with your decision. I should mention that my comments are based on my attempts to keep my cables in a moderate price range, so I cannot comment on Acoustic Zen verses the more expensive cables (although others have in the A. Zen website). Prior to the A.Zen’s, I used and was very happy with Harmonic Tech cables: Pro Silway II and Magic interconnects, Pro9 speaker cables. Also, I was not looking to make a cable change,until I heard a borrowed set of A. Zen speaker cables in my system. The Harmonic Tech cables were very good in my system, however the AZ’s simply performed on a higher level.

I heard significant improvements with both the Shotgun Satori speaker cables and the Siver Reference interconnects. Several characteristics that convinced me to switch to Acoustic Zen: large improvement in ambience/air; dynamics (especially noticeable with the speaker cables); and an amazing improvement in soundstaging/3-D imaging. One additional note: the AZ cables have a detailed and silky/airy quality in the upper extension and I discovered that I could enjoy CD’s that were formerly a bit rough on mids and top-end.

Enjoy the hunt!
I have owned Harmonic Tech and Acoustic Zen. Mr. Lee was one of the founders of Harmonic Tech, and has moved on to form AZ. There are some sonic similarities but I opted for the Zen. Much better than the dark sounding Cardas. Another great cable is the Pure Note Epsilon. It is a very fast yet smooth sounding cable. You can only get Pure Note online, no dealers but you save many dollars. Right now I am trying to decide if I will return the Zen's or the Pure Note's. Both are great!