Is computer audio a bust?

In recent months, I have had several audio acquaintances return to CDPs claiming improved SQ versus their highly optimized computer transports (SS drives, external power supplies, etc, etc).

I wanted to poll people on their experiences with computer "transports." What variables have had the most impact on sonics? If you bailed on computers, why?

I personally have always believed that the transport, whether its a plastic disc spinner or computer, is as or more important than the dac itself and thus considerable thought and energy is required.

agear
Audiolabyrinth, you're becoming overwrought and approaching troll like comments. You're just another person with a profound tweak. It speaks for itself.
07-22-14: Agear John Atkinson, when reviewing the Ayre QB-9 also noted digital transfers and the native vinyl indistinguishable. That being said, I still find top drawer vinyl (and master tape) to have a fluidity and density that is missing in all the digital I have heard.

I felt the exact same way, till I was able to make the recording myself.
onhwy61, you are correct on my cable profound tweek, I am sorry,I am tired at this point at tring to get my point across, I have discussed this same issue on other threads, they understand and agree with my findings, tring to express the truth here is like talking to the deaf, BTW, FWIW, I have done computer audio with a usb cable before to a dac and cd-player, I also have used a computer straight to a reciever, not using a dac or cd-player before I ever posted my statements, neitherless, I believe I have said all that I can here.
07-24-14: Audiolabyrinth
onhwy61, you are correct on my cable profound tweek, I am sorry,I am tired at this point at tring to get my point across, I have discussed this same issue on other threads, they understand and agree with my findings, tring to express the truth here is like talking to the deaf, BTW, FWIW, I have done computer audio with a usb cable before to a dac and cd-player, I also have used a computer straight to a reciever, not using a dac or cd-player before I ever posted my statements, neitherless, I believe I have said all that I can here.
You're the poster boy for failing in computer audio. CLUELESS! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
whatever you believe, I am saying cables make a difference, regardless of the source, you are clueless, you can come to hear my system if you do not believe me!computer audio is a Bust!