Is computer audio a bust?

In recent months, I have had several audio acquaintances return to CDPs claiming improved SQ versus their highly optimized computer transports (SS drives, external power supplies, etc, etc).

I wanted to poll people on their experiences with computer "transports." What variables have had the most impact on sonics? If you bailed on computers, why?

I personally have always believed that the transport, whether its a plastic disc spinner or computer, is as or more important than the dac itself and thus considerable thought and energy is required.

agear
I have a LOT of customers comparing USB cables. Some have had literally 10 of them. The best one currently reported is the TotalDAC USB cable/filter.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Audiolabyrinth, you're becoming overwrought and approaching troll like comments. You're just another person with a profound tweak. It speaks for itself.
07-22-14: Agear John Atkinson, when reviewing the Ayre QB-9 also noted digital transfers and the native vinyl indistinguishable. That being said, I still find top drawer vinyl (and master tape) to have a fluidity and density that is missing in all the digital I have heard.

I felt the exact same way, till I was able to make the recording myself.
onhwy61, you are correct on my cable profound tweek, I am sorry,I am tired at this point at tring to get my point across, I have discussed this same issue on other threads, they understand and agree with my findings, tring to express the truth here is like talking to the deaf, BTW, FWIW, I have done computer audio with a usb cable before to a dac and cd-player, I also have used a computer straight to a reciever, not using a dac or cd-player before I ever posted my statements, neitherless, I believe I have said all that I can here.
07-24-14: Audiolabyrinth
onhwy61, you are correct on my cable profound tweek, I am sorry,I am tired at this point at tring to get my point across, I have discussed this same issue on other threads, they understand and agree with my findings, tring to express the truth here is like talking to the deaf, BTW, FWIW, I have done computer audio with a usb cable before to a dac and cd-player, I also have used a computer straight to a reciever, not using a dac or cd-player before I ever posted my statements, neitherless, I believe I have said all that I can here.
You're the poster boy for failing in computer audio. CLUELESS! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!