LAST???? Has anybody tried this?

I am curious to know if anyone has tied this product on vinyl, what were the results, how does it better the sound, why would I use it?
So far I'm happy using my VPI record cleaner. Any thoughts?
thx, jim
abc11692650
Last Preservative(used to be ? is? ) made up of trifluor-trichlor-ethylane. This stuff was used for spectography in the med. professions and could be bought in bulk. It worked just as well as the original Last factory concoction for a much cheaper price. I've stopped using it, because it is harmful to the atmosphere and I suppose that Last has changed its prescription as well for the self same reason. I also had used it for well over 15 years on many thousands of LPs.
Detlof and others- Not only is the trifluoro-trichloro-ethyl(e?)ne harmful the to ozone (altho the amount used is very small), it also is harmful to groundwater if you have a septic system/well. You wouldn't want to spill it on the ground or have it go down the drain.

Thanks Swampwater for getting the spelling right and for your general warning. Cheers,
LAST has been out for many years and works quite well. I've used it many times. One thing I don't like about LAST is that once applied it won't come off, and it permanently changes & affects the vinyl. So if you don't like the sound you are stuck. It's also not real easy to apply. None the less good stuff.

I have been using GruvGlide and like that better.It does not affect or change the vinyl, record sound is definitely improved, very economical and easy to use. They are in the Audiogon manufacture directory under "G" or www.gruvglide.com (also stereophile recommended for years).

Hope this helps, and happy listening!
Hififile, I have a suggestion that you might try.

After applying the Last solution, REWASH and RE RINSE the LP as if it had never been washed. This is best with a VPI machine in my experience.

The positive aspect of LAST remains, but the rewash pretty much returns the LP to the original sound (before applying LAST).

Gruvglide changes the sound as well, but rewashing after application removes the Gruvglide and the benefit it provides.

To my ears, Gruvglide somewhat compresses dynamics while rolling off the extreme high frequencies. It appears the cartridge brand affects the differences between these two products and the outcome of the test.

Those using Benz, Koetsu or Transfiguration (to name a few) usually prefer the Last treatment. Those with Clear Audio Insider or Van den Hul often prefer the Gruvglide treatment.

I'm guessing here, but this must be somehow related to stylus design, suspension and a combination of tracking and set up procedures for that arm / cartridge combination.