Which Cables for Sony DVP-9000ES

I will be receiving my new Sony DVD player any day and am curious on IC recommendations for the analog rca's out. Will be connecting to a Krell HTS preamp. What I understand, you have to use the analog outs to take advantage of SACD. Is that not right?
128x128gfroman
I appreciate the experiences being shared here because I am going to buy one these DVP-9000ES to replace my Pioneer DV-09. Wanted the SACD and progressive scan capabilities, but I don't want to sink too much money into digital unit because digital technology changes too quickly. Only gets connected into my audio system once and while and will mainly be used as a video source. Still the combo features are very attractive. What about the video cables? Any experience out there to share? S-Video or Component? Just bought a Panasonic Tau CT-32HX40 and it is a great inexpensive + good results entry into HDTV.
No money, regarding your preamp, just leave if off until needed. It has no effect either way on the break in of your SACD player. I would suggest plugging in your choice of interconnect between the SACD and your preamp while doing this run in. The connection will provide the proper load for the analog output of your player, and help condition the cable as well. On software, I have limited selection of SACD as well. I simply put in the demo disk provided by Sony, and left it on repeat. I felt like it was a good choice, as it contains many different styles and kinds of music. Ideally, I would like to have also used a break in disc, such as the one manufactured by Purist Audio. The bad news is, the Sony 9000 (at least mine) refuses to play CDR's. The Purist break in disks are exclusively CDR, each burned direct from the master.
XLO sent me a break in disc which seems to have everything you might want for break in, sweeps, test tone, phase check, system burn in, super dynamic
reference tracks in HDCD. etc.