what happened to power cord review

Back on 6/17/01 there was a post by Lcat about doing a power cord shoot out. Does anyone know what the results were?. I've been waiting for the results to help me make an informed decision before i buy some power cords.
fleeceba
Gunbei: I am sorry to hear that the Absolute's did not perform well in your setup (we know that Bob's rig is not up to task, hell I read somewhere that he uses welding equipment in it:-), but you have a nice system.
Hi Dekay!

From what I remember the prices for power cords are as follows:
Basic - $30
Power 3 - $50
Power 2 - $125
Power 1 - $200
Audition - $200
Reference - $375

These are the intro prices until he does the full launch, which may be in a few months. Rick has some ads on Audiogon right now. Check this out David:

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?cablintr&1014697996

You might want to give him a call. He'll explain what his approach to design and construction is. He's very enthusiastic and friendly. Here is a quote from one of his ads:

"DYNAMIC FILTERING is simply the best AC cleaning system and distortion removal device you will find. Audition Complete Cable Package will increase volume levels as well as deliver a ultra black backdrop to the sound stage. Instruments will start to fill your listening room with the lingering sounds of a live performance and newfound tonality will soothe your ears the sound stage will grow in size an transparency imaging is pinpoint accurate."

This pretty much somes up what I experienced, and that's with only three Power 2 cords. I don't know how changing power cords or cables can result in noticeably increased volume with blacker backgrounds, but that is exactly what I heard. When I spoke with Rick in December he never mentioned the Audition series, so I don't know where it fits into his overall product line. Even though I'm really enjoying my system right now, I'm curious as to what a full switch to Virtual Dynamics [oops, I almost typed VD] might yield.

Later,
Dean
I have the Audition on my Digital and the Power 3's on the rest. The Audition rules. Curious to hear if anybody compared the Audition to the Reference. Anybody???
I wondered about this shootout, too, but in the meantime learned a lot from Bob C et al about PCs, and then decided to make my own dedicated lines AND PCs from Belden 83802 (12AWG tinned 7x22 twisted pair and braided ground in Teflon only).
Bought 100' spool and a few ACME outlets and voila.
I'll get another 100' spool if anybody wants a few feet for DIY PCs and dedicated lines.
Only $2.50/ft + shipping. I'll be the goat and cut and pack this if you guys show enough interest. The improvement in my system compared to Romex and Harm Tech AC11 was quite noticeable: cleaner sound with better dynamics, especially at lower sound levels. Sweeter, yet no loss of detail. Hard to explain. Just can't justify megabucks for PCs, although I still chase too-expensive interconnects for flavoring....