Is the Cassette Recorder Dead?

Need a tip from Audiogon Members. Your opinions on Cassette Recorder vs CD recorder. Looking to add one to the system. Has cassette outlived its usefullness? Are the CD recorders the future? Replies greatly appreciated.
ferrari
Post removed 
Tape decks are still good for taping off the radio or tuner. I tape lots of FM Music and AM talk shows to my cassette deck. There are lots of great cassette decks. The Sony es models, Nakamichi tape decks, which you will see always on Ebay, Teac Tape decks.
Well no one has talked about the economics and how they have changed. You can purchase CD-Rs for about $0.30 each. Try buying a cassette tape blank for that. These are only good on computer type CD players but can be played back on most audio system CD players. I just purchased a Harmon Kardon CD2 recorder that can record off of radio and all the other functions (ie it has a D to A converter) that I used to use a cassette for. It can record using the CDRWs which are the re recordable media. Much more expensive media but you only need one or two. The CDRs for this recorder cost more then the media for computers...about $1.25-$1.50 each but are still competitive with blank cassettes.
Thanks for the input Elizabeth. I have never used a car CD player and the fact that they muck up the CD's is really good to know. We will stick with the old car stereos and cassttes. I live in LA and drive with the sunroof (on my car) down year round except when it is raining and a high quality auto stereo seems like a waste anyway. I can always listen the "hot" stereos in the "hot" cars that pass me by (you know the ones I'm talking about - the ones where you can hear the bass a 1/4 mile down the road. Too bad that "those" car stereos never seem to be playing Mancini. LOL.
Well after some thought and reading the responses,I have decided on the Sony Mini Disc.Model JE440 MDLP. The features are beyond belief. This is what the cassette deck should have been. Have had the unit for a couple of months now and it continues to amaze me with its sonics and total flexibility.My thanks to all the respondents to this thread.