Turntable Recommendations please.

I'm looking to get into vinyl and have no experience with turntables. My budget is $3500 max on the used market for table, arm, and cartridge. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
jman
its nice to have a budget like that. the rega planar 3 is a bargain, great place to start, leaves room for good electrinics for stepup. forget the AT440ML, too hifi, the AT-OC9 at $200 from audio advisor is a bargain, used to retail for 700. the lehman stepup is not bad for the $. there are lots of opinions out there, spending someone elses dough is easy isnt it. for serious bux, the basis tables are good merch. i say start wiht the rotel,oc9,lehman combo and learn. it couldnt hoit!
Carl, sometime you amaze me. I didn't know you knew about the Phonomena, much less heard it. I did the pictures of it that are currently being used. By the way, you are right about the sound of same. Pretty amazing for the VERY low price. I do think its a long way from the Aesthetix and even the Counterpoint SA9 (long discontinued), and probably not quite as good as the current Lukaschek PP-1 revised. But, again, less money than any of the others mentioned, and the buyer of the Phonomena gets new merchandise and a warranty!
A friend of mine is best buds with Mike Yee. SO WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BOB CLARKE at MS? You're a photographer? My parents are aerial photographers.
Bob went back to school to pursue higher education. I'm not sure what his plans are after that. I do all the photography for the lines represented by Musical Surroundings, including Aesthetix, Basis, Benz, Lukaschek, Graham. I do others too, but that's another story.
hey id like to see some of thse photos, the winegard for instance. the raddio telescope in guam is spectacular too.