Best used turntable(s) around $1500.00 for playing metal and rock

I am looking for opinions and advice. I Have a Carver CT-17 pre-amplifier, and (2) Carver PM 600 main amplifiers wired in mono off each channel (left and right) to capture the full 600 amps from each. I am driving (2) Klipsch chorus speakers and (1) Sunfire True architectural 8"  (claimed 1800 watt) self powered subwoofer. I am always looking to increase the headroom that accentuates "metal", as well as get the best sound. (departing from the title of this turntable discussion I will add), ... I am planning to add (2) more speakers and another powered sub. I figured sticking to Klipche and getting a larger sunfire was the direction, but always look for input and educational information.
       I presently have a Onkyo CP-1150F, and for a low end turntable, it's spec's, performance and sound are decent, but I really want to upgrade using good information to guide me, and haven't found many metal guys who are on these high-end audio conversations that are helping. I get all my metal information about audio for my home from metalheads in bands that love the headroom great equipment provides at home. Unfortunately, most of the guys I know aren't Vinyl fans, ....  but I am. Any suggestions welcomed.
willymontana
When I wanted to add a new-in-box TT to my collection of used TT's I bought the Pioneer PLX1000 direct-drive ($700). And a new Denon 103R mc cartridge ($300) + a Denon SUT (used). I can assure you that this combination will sound great with any metal and hard rock LPs! Of which I have quite a few on hand! 
There was an Origin Live Calypso with a Zepher arm on here and might still be for under $1,400.00, that's a lot of bang for the buck also a VPI Scout used would be a good fit. Enjoy the music.
Regarding your speakers: I prefer vintage Altec's (Santana 1's and Stonehenge 1's) and JBL's (166's and 4312's) over any Klipsch for hard rock/metal. And I don't use subwoofers - plus I limit amp power to 100/200 wpc. Remember that ear-bleeding SPL's will only hasten deafness!
I would also like to add that as long as you have a good foundation( turntable ) the cartridge would be where the different styles of music would be better served. Just sayin.
+1 Origin Live table. Simply based on how good my OL arm is. And +1 tooblue, when it comes to styles of music your best bet for that is the cartridge.

But also you mentioned speakers and subs. By far your biggest improvement there will be to add three more subs. They can be bigger or smaller, self-powered or separate-amped, all the same or all different. Relatively speaking, such details hardly matter. What does make the difference is how many. More subs distributed around the room creates more smaller bass modes and results in much smoother, faster, more articulate bass that goes way deeper and more powerful than you can get from any one single sub. Or even two. 

The only downside, if you can call it that, is that you will find a lot of your recordings don't have nearly as powerful/deep bass as you thought. What you were hearing was the lumpy bass emphasis from the single sub. With four it will be flatter, genuinely deeper, and a whole lot faster and more articulate. I know the crappy aGone search can be frustrating but look for Swarm or distributed bass array, read the comments, and see what I mean.
For rock and metal, you should consider a Technics SL-1200 turntable and find a NOS Stanton 680 EL cartridge.  IMO this is THE best and certainly the most classic combo for rock and metal.
A VPI HW-19 Mk.2/3/4, with a higher mass arm and a London or Decca cartridge.
I am a lifelong metal fan. I use a Rega P3 with a Hana SL MC cartridge and a Rogue Audio Ares phono preamp. This combination has handled everything I have thrown at it from Slipknot and Korn to Tool and Alice In Chains and sound great doing it.
Does it really matter what you play heavy metal LPs on?  There is no sonic fidelity to appreciate there...

Sorry, just had to throw that out there.  I find that when I am playing my true rock n' roll LPs from the 70's & 80's I do not get the soundstage and fidelity I get off LPs of other genres.
Metal fan here; agree with Tooblue, the most significant potential improvement would come form a cartridge change, as long as you have a decent TT (which it sounds like you do). I won’t recommend my cartridge because it’s the only one I’ve used, and a recommendation should come from others who have tried multiple cartridges with this type of music.

Biggest  problem I’ve had while listening to metal genre music is feedback (rumble) caused by the lower bass frequencies making their way back to my turntable. Ended up moving my TT approximately 12 feet from my speakers, and used anti vibration pads under the TT.

PGaulke60: as with any genre, quality of the recordings varies from LP to LP; plenty of sonic fidelity to be enjoyed within the Genre of metal. A few LP’s that I enjoy; Judas Priest “Live”, Tool “Undertow”, Slayer “Seasons in the Abyss”. 

Good luck in your search for improved audio quality. 

I'm not familiar with that turntable, so am not sure how good it is.  Your money might be better spent on a new cartridge and a phono stage.  If you're using the phono stage on the carver preamp, that is probably a weak link.  Something like the Hana SL and a Parks Puffin would be under your budget.   

You should also listen to some other subwoofers before adding another Sunfire sub.  I had one of their 8" "true subwoofers" a long time ago and it sounded like a little fart box compared to other subs I've owned.  Maybe their newer ones are better, but even if they are, a bigger better sub (or multiple subs) will be a lot more "metal" than that little 8" sub.

Unless you want a certain kind of look for your turntable, get one that will sound best with any kind of music.  If it will play classical or jazz or hip-hop and sound good, it will sound good with metal.  

Some used turntables that fit in your budget and maybe leave some money for a phono stage - Music Hall 5.X or 7.X, or a Clearaudio Emotion or Marantz TT15S1.

As others have mentioned, isolation of the turntable is important if you want to play loud.
You want the opposite of subtly or delicacy.   Original Technics 1200 MKIII, Shure V15 Vmr cartridge- Jico Replacment Stylus.  You will hear every last drum roll, cymbal crash, screaming vocal and chainsaw guitar solo.  The cartridge will track anything you can throw at it.  The table will work during a nuclear blast.   Table about $500-700 in good shape.  Cartridge body around $200.  Jico Stylus about $200  //  $900-$1100 total.  Spend the remaining $400-$600 on head banger LPs !   Rock On Dude  ! _ !
Choice of cartridge is probably more relevant than TT for genre. I'd recommend an Ortofon 2M Black with shibata stylus.  Very detailed and good for math metal, but also shibata is a very fine tip that gets deeper into unplayed parts of the groove.