Power cord upgrade

Just purchased a Wadia 860x Cd player, would like to upgrade the power cord. Any Sugestions? Thanks
tm910
I doubt about the ideas of upgrading power cord too. I live in an old apartment, I asume the wires behind the wall are no better than the condition of the wall socket. Anyway, I did upgrade the wall socket to a 20A hospital grade and dump the stock cord for an ESP power flow pro. The difference was amazing!! However, I don't know the logical reason behind it, But I do enjoy music more now.
Do yourself a favor. Borrow a Shunyata powercord, the Black Mamba or Cobra model. You will buy one or the other. They aren't cheap, but you will purchase one. The problem is, can you stop at just one in your system? (I could not. The difference was just too great.)
I would seriously dispute the hearing of a person who says that power cords don't make a diffrence. I have tried several of the less expensive models and they all change the sound, usually for the better. If I had the guts and a little more money I would get one of the Shunyata King Cobra cords. Read the review of it on soundstage.com. The PS audio powerplant is also a fantastic upgrade, amazing really at how much a box that you plug your CD player into can improve your sound. I thought that for me it made a bigger improvement than upgrading my CD player.
I agree. The problem with those "bossy Betties" that don't like good power cords is that their theory has one fatal flaw: THE POWER CORD THAT CONNECTS YOUR COMPONENTS TO THE WALL IS STILL IN SERIES. Thus, it has TOTAL EFFECT on the AC power delivery to your component. Of course it'd be nice to have quality wiring in your house circuits too, BUT IT'S JUST AS IMPORTANT TO HAVE A QUALITY AC CORD FOR YOUR COMPONENT. I'm about to compare the Magnan Signature cord with the MIT Z-Cord 2 on my CD player...