Best Used Tube Preamp (under $750)?

I need a used tube preamp under $750, and am having trouble deciding which. I have yet to listen to these, but the price has determined these suggestions. Audio Research LS7, Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp, Rogue Audio 66, and that's all I've found so far. If you have an opinion of one of these, or a unit I haven't mentioned, PLEASE post a follow-up. Thanks all.
zorathustra
I agree with Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 or SFL-1 Signature-- used one myself for several years. The single tube makes tube rolling inexpensive. Luck. Craig
I have a Rogue 66 with NOS Mullard CV-4003 from Upscale Audio. It made a huge improvement to my system. Very detailed, textured and dynamic. I directly compared it (with stock tubes) to the CJ PV-10a and the Rogue trounced the CJ. I also compared it to a BAT 3Ki which was close, the BAT being darker with a potentially better bottom end. The BAT also starts at $2000. I also had an Audio Research LS-15 in the system on loan which may have been 10% better than the stock Rogue. The tube roll, for a $100, probably made a 25% difference - it now sounds pretty close to an AR LS-25 I heard (which was awesome). With the 66 you have to choose between a bitchin' metal remote or a phono stage. I took the remote, but now want phono, so I may upgrade to the 99. I hear Stereophile just gave it Class "B" in the new issue, FWIW. I'd get a 66 and spend another hundred on a tube roll and you have a great preamp!
NEW p-3 gives you single stage class A hand wired(no pc board) in silver wireing with alps attenuator, Hovland Musicaps, tube standby/instant -on feature,all in a half rack unique format... check out mine or any others as an option at this price point.
You can't go wrong with any conrad-johnson pre-amp. I've owned and loved the PV-6 and still own(and love) a PV-5. If you can hold out a bit longer,I wouldn't be surprised to see the Premier 3 creeping near you price range. That would be cool. Good luck in tour search Bob