Buying and Selling of feedback

Today I saw the second auction where the seller states something to this effect "if you don't come through with payment on a winning bid, you can give me $xx (or a percentage of the bid) and back out without negative feedback posted. otherwise, negative feedback will be posted.

This seems like extortion to me. Also, aren't the rest of us entitled to know about a deadbeat bidder (via negative feedback)? The posting of negative feedback is the correct recourse for a deadbeat bidder - not a bribe or "fine".

I think this behavior undermines the feedback process. What do the rest of you think?

Just curious.
dozer
Post removed 
A Sanctuary of Sound seems like a class act. This does sound like another Ebay type of thing and I expect it rarely happens here. Negative feedback should be deserved and I agree we should all go the distance to get along.
According to Audiogons guide lines feed back can only be left when money exchanges hands. What about backing out on auctions? To follow the letter of the law the seller may not have the right to leave bad feedback.
SOS, it's certainly a professional stance that you take. Your attitute and courtesy should serve you well. You deserve to be successful.
I hadn't thought about this before. I think Dozer is right on. There is a "neutral" feed back. Perhaps this is the proper vehicle when a "negative" feed back may seem harsh due to extenuating circumstances. The use of the "neutral" feedback may keep track of persistent abusers with excuses.