Worst Audio Injury !!

Anyone ever get physically injured because of your stereo? I was installing interconnects a couple years back and stood up quickly and hit my head on the corner of one of the shelves.I got a half inch gash on my forehead that seemed to bleed forever.When I switched from digital to vinyl I was used to the easy storage of CD's.I had my LP"s on the floor and one day went to bend down to get a LP out of the crate and tripped and hit my knee on the cornerof the crate.My knee still isnt right.And you?
david99
Thanks for the compassion, Albertporter. I still have to sleep with the nightlite on (and I'm 44). By the way, Avguygeorge, if I decide to try this again I am going to get a pay-per-view contract first for all to enjoy!
A couple of months ago we got a kitten-- "Teasil" (now also known as the "Beige Bomber"). She was allowed run of our utility and family rooms. Well, I have a second stereo system in the family room with Vandersteen 2Ce speakers. I'm sure many of you know that Vandersteens are boxless and have cloth on all four sides. Teasil almost immediately started climbing the 'steens-- she could go up them like she was shot out of a cannon-- not good, not good. But according to vet. info., cats don't like tinfoil so we completely wrapped the 'steens in tinfoil, and I put 3/16s" (read heavy) steel plates on top of the speakers (to accomodate the cat). All this has largely stopped her attacks on the 2Ces, but as to the injuries: 1. badly bruised ego, ie the Beige Bomber has out-manuerved us on every count. 2. Have you ever heard speakers wrapped in tinfoil? I had to try it, but may never hear normally again. This experience gave new meaning to the word "tinny" sound-- circuit city stuff sounds better. P.S. I sure sympathize with Zoo and Jeff (above posts)-- great stories. Cheers? Craig.
How about tripping over a speaker cable and falling on the corner of a faceplate of a Krell KSA 250. OUUCH!
Garfish, this is the first situation I have ever heard of, where Richard Vandersteen was "foiled" in his attempt to build a speaker that was the "cats meow."
Albert; thanks for the humor-- I needed it. I also should have mentioned "mental anguish" as an injury in my post. I don't know when we'll regain use of the 'steens. Cheers. Craig.