Best Plasma sony,pioneer.Panasonic ?

Looking to purchase a 42 plasma.Reviews say panasonic is the best value.But I am looking for the best picture.Not the best value price wise.Will be using it for dvd and satillite.The two I like are the Pioneer 4340hd,and the sony KE 42XS910 {can't remove the speakers}.Anyone have some input on this,would be a great help.Thanks Mluthier.
mluthier
T_bone wrote: "the Pioneer always comes out on top for color
but the Panasonic may have the edge in blacks in a light room."

The superiority of the Panasonic blacks is seen in a darkened room, not a light one.

Kal
I will concede to Kal that I am speculating on HD-DVDO/Panny performance vs. the Fujitsu.

Yes, you have another box, albeit only 1 cable to the panel, so I think it depends on the installation which way is easiest.

I have debated getting an HD-DVDO to try out...but audio has my focus right now :) I don't think the scaling is bad on the Panny for what its worth--certainly better than my former JVC SX21 projector. I watch mostly HD, so that has been my hiccup on scalars. Only the better Faroudjas/Runcos/KDs etc right now scale HD. My eye is definitely on the new Lumagen that said...
Kal, you are, of course, right. While I have seen two generations of both the Panasonic and Pioneer in darkened rooms and enjoyed both, I have never directly compared the two in those conditions. I have only directly compared them in the lighter and cramped conditions of electronics retailers in Tokyo so felt I had to make my comment on blacks conditional. Perhaps I should have also made my comment on color differences conditional but I have noticed that even without directly comparing them side by side. In any case, I could live with either one.