Suggested NEW CATEGORIES

Yesterday I emailed Audiogon that they create 2 new listings in their audio categories: "VINTAGE" & "TABLE RADIOS"

Many of us have, desire, or admire VINTAGE (for me that's pre-1980) audio gear. Much of these items are sold on (ahem) eBay...when they would do better, I believe, at Audiogon. How say ye?

Likewise, there are literally 10's of thousands of various TABLE RADIOS from the 1920's through the 1960's...georgeous to look at, warm and rich sounding (not all, mindyou), and can make a pointed addition to your home's decor. ADDISON radios, made in Toronto, are multi-coloured beauties which can fetch thousands of dollars. Adding such a category would also serve to "cross-pollinate" many collectors in the general populace with the audiophile community...a good thing...do you agree?

Audiogon has replied that they "will consider" such a suggestion. Any support from the members can only HELP!
stereokarter
Yea on the Phono Stage section idea - this has also occurred to me while trying to browse. Here's another: Headphones & Headphone Amps.

An similar proposal that I e-mailed to A-Gon a while ago: Leave Forum topics on the New Today page until they fail to generate further responses for 24 hours. Put another way, topic titles would remain up on the New Today page without time limit while they're active, being removed only by attrition when activity ceases, rather than getting arbitrarily shuffled off to the Archives after a couple of days. (You may have noticed that many topic titles suddenly stop generating responses when they drop from the front page, and if the topic is timely, another essentially "duplicate" post may appear.) A-Gon said they would consider it, but were concerned about the New Today page becoming too long. Now, with the Wanted listings removed from the page, maybe my idea could be tried out. Whatta ya'll think?
Need a category for Tubes. Don't hold your breath waiting for Agon to make changes, IMHO. It seems they do whatever they feel like, when ever they feel like, regardless of demands of members.

-Ed
Whoa Ed, who pissed in your Cornflakes? I asked AudioGon several times to allow us to upload pics for inclusion in ads, and they made the change. The ads are much better now that there's a pic to gander at. AudioGon may not always move fast but they do listen.
pics was not an issue before (at least for me). Easily done via html. Sure, they may listen but not respond. To wit: several requests for original price to be listed again on the "new today" page, which they conveniently ignored. requests for new categories have been gone over before, but haven't seen any action on that (and it was weeks/months ago that they got the requests...).

They just don't seem to be all that customer-service driven, from my experience. Not a slam on Agon, just an observation.
I'd like to see an Audiogon members' equipment and music review forum. It could include an outline for criteria of the review. The forum could allow for other members to comment on their experience with the reviewed equipment, especially paired-up with different components and cables. The music forum can allow for Audiogon members to review some of their favorite (or new) cd's and albums. Other members can comment on the review from their own musical perspective. Although there are other audio websites that have equipment reviews, I believe that Audiogon members would provide a higher level of sophistication.