How about an Audiogon poll for 2004? Categories?

For those who have missed it I have launched a website called lugs with some music reviews for Audiogon members.
http://www.lugsmusicreviews.com

We plan to update it with our review of the year/best of lists and reviews for some other 2004 releases etc.

However I thought it would be fun to poll Audiogoners for their favourites-I'll conduct the poll with the results published with the full review of 2004.
I'd allow a top 3 from each voter and hopefully generate quite long lists.
Polling would be done directly to myself via the Audiogone-mail button-easier to detect in my inbox.

A good idea or not?

Here is how I see the categories.

BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR.

BEST RECORDING QUALITY ON A NEW RELEASE

BEST REMASTER OF THE YEAR

BEST SACD (New)

BEST SACD (Remaster)

BEST DVDA (as above)

BEST VINYL (as above)

Please do not start mailing me yet until we sort out the categories and to see if this is a goer or not.

Should be fun and will Audiogoners an input in the years review.

What do you think?
ben_campbell
Post removed 
Ben-
Sounds great. I think Tvad's phrasing of "favorite" is more accurate.

An interesting poll for me would ask:

"Favorite CD or LP song to demo speakers with?"
Nrchy, I've met you. If it's you in that lingerie, I don't want to hear that song.
Ben,

First, that's a very nice site you've put together which should prove to be a very valuable tool with this community.

I agree with the "favorite" term as being most honest besides having a refreshing sound to it. It's certainly much less competitive sounding.

You may as well begin just lumping all of the software together since I see a trend toward vinyl becoming available new. As an example I offer Neil Young's "Greendale" in an incredible 3 LP boxed set that rivals the quality of anything I've ever purchased. This ain't no new jazzed up reissue. Makes me feel good. Very good.

Patrick
Ok favourite it is guys.

How about I drop the new and remaster category for the formats and just make favourite remaster a single category with the format in brackets?
Post removed 
LOL-I like it too Tvad and those not pre-disposed to distinguish or care I suppose I can put into the correct categories.

I don't doubt there will be the odd mistake or anomaly in voting which will need sorted anyway.
I'd like to throw one into the mix possibly.....best live concert DVD? Might there be a market for that one in this list?

Z
Any takers with Z's idea personally I think it is possibly veering away from audio per se but I think maybe a lot of Audiogoners would like this idea.
What do you think?
Post removed