Seperates vs Integrated

Current ht is good enough but music is suffering. Have looked at adding an amp but discussion here led to rethinking and looking at a seperate system for music. Space is a consideration so wandered into integrated amps. Are there integrateds that will compare well to seperates? Have looked at Simaudio moon i5080, Anthem Int 2 and Jolida 1501rc. Are there other integrateds I should consider and will they provide a glimpse of high end audio? Want something that will give a little presence. Current system really suffers at low to medium levels loosing dynamics and clarity.
This started as what I thought would be a very simple system upgrade and has turned into a quest. So far lots of fun and very informative but also a little frustrating. Hope everyone will be patient with my lack of experience and questions that seem to overlap. Just hoping to enter a new level and learn all I can on the journey.
scoly
Another to consider is the Mark Levinson 383.

As to your question, "are there any that compare well to separates", here is a quote from Jon Herron, manager of product development at Madrigal, "Sonically, it's as close as we could make it to the performance of a No.334
driven by a No.380 preamplifier," "And if you fail to use the best interconnect, a No.383 will be better.".
Depending on your budget look at the various YBA models. The best is the Integre DT (For Dual Transformer; I believe Stereophile A, can come with built in phono), There is a regular Integre, but if you cannot afford a DT, go take a listen to YBA's Audio Refinement Complete about $1000 new and $600 to $700 used. For in the Really Cheap but excellent, look for a used Cambridge Audio A3i (probably $250 used and has pretty decent MM phono).
Are you using just CD or some other sorces? if you just using CD only I suggest you take a look at CD player with volume and run direct to a good amp is much much better option! That's my personal exp!!!!! but if you need more inputs(tape, phono.........) other than just CD then one go ahead get integrated. (for limited buget)
That's just my Op.
Regards,
Rute.
With regards to the integrated amps you have mentioned above I have the Anthem Int 2 for around 6 months which is driving Silverline Audio Panatella II speakers.
All I can say that I am extremely satisfied with the musical presentation of the the above combo. I have had some really expensive audio before I downsized it and do not hear much difference.
After havinf replaced the 6922 tube in the Anthem with some NOS tubes, I can say its among the best integrated amps you can purchase at that price point.
After having tons of seperate gear over the years I have moved into integrated with a Krell KAV 300i and most recently a Musical Fidelity Nu Vista M3. All things considered, I much prefer the integrated route and feel it actually gives me better sound. It just makes sense to eliminate the extra amp/pre-amp connection and not have the extra cables, cords, etc. to deal with (and buy).