high end progressive scan dvd player

i am looking for a high end progressive scan dvd player. i have done a lot of research and found that many have the chroma bug problem. can anyone suggest a quality player that doesn't have that problem. and is it really that big a problem in the first place. thanks for your help.

i use a mitsubishi rear projection if that matters.
mcalarco1
I've got a Mitsubishi RP that is HD compatable and am using a Toshiba SD-5109 which, I beleive, was one of the first progressive scan players. *Picture quality is excellent.

Their newer (latest?) model 9200 can be had cheap here on audiogon.

*Note, I have not AB'ed this against any other unit in my home so therefore my opinion on picture quality is subjective.

I have seen Toshiba progressive scan players reviewed and they always seem to do well and extremely well when concidering cost to quality.

Good luck and enjoy your search.
It is expensive ($6000 retail), but be sure to add the Simaudio Stellar to your short list.
I use a Camelot Roundtable and love it. Besides being a top-notch progressive DVD player, its CD playing ability is even better! After comparing the sound quality of an older NAD transport (but a very good one) with digital out into a Theta TLC to re-clock the signal and then into a Cello 8.1 D/A converter, I kept the Camelot... Take a look at www.hometheaterhifi.com where they compared the vedio aspects of a number of DVD players. The Camelot as I recall was rated one of the best they had seen. Hope this helps!
Ken G.
I have the Sony9000ES,Toshiba9200,and the EAD theatervistionP. I have seen demos of other player,but nothing looks as good as the TVP.
I am surprised at people spending such large dollars for a DVD player. I plan to buy the new Yamaha CX1. It uses the Faroudja chip as well as other special features to enhance play on big screens. This unit will cost approx $800-900. Even this seems like a pretty high price to me since you can get the Faroudja chip in the lower model C920 for about $500-600. What can these more expensive players do for thousands of dollars that these players can't?