Calling all Proceed AVP 2 owners..please advise

Guys..just trying again to see if I cen get some feedback on whether the upgrade I have on order(with no sign of being filled yet I might add)is worth it.....2 channel priority with arcam transport feeding it but also interested in surround differences experienced...its $5000 aud so no chickenfeed..but just about everything is expensive here...thanks
dtebbutt
I am in same boat. I have avp2&pmdt thinking about lexicon maybe trade in deal with lexicon. talked to them&they said proceed was a dead issue. avp&hpas not into ml line. having problem now with pmdt they said problably would not be able to fix it,they wont be doing any more software up dates on any proceed stuff or fix any so called glitches on software.so iam a little leary with same company.what kind of lexicon stuff have and how does it sound to proceed.
Can someone out there provide all of us Proceed owners the scoop on Harmon fixing Proceed products, and the now classic series of Mark Levinson components? There is a lot of both on Audiogon and the goners need advice. If you know of the situation please let us know.
Had a conversation with Richard at Harmon today (came over from Madrigal). They are repairing Proceed but will not be upgrading or writing new software. So much for getting up-to-date laser technology that will handle DVD-R's or some of the newly authored DVD's that won't play on my PMDT but work fine on my son's $50 Koss. Was waiting loyaly & patiently for DVD-A et cetera. Now the question is whether or not to take advantage of one of the last AVP2 upgrades available out there.
As an AVP2 owner I think we should hold them to their word. They promised us THX Ultra2, DTS NEO:6, and DTS 96/24 decoding amongst things. Any thoughts on writing the CEO of Harmon International?
That's worth a shot. I just did one of the last AVP2 upgrades out there, so I'm still appreciating it. I would like to get a shot or 2 in for my PMDT. I paid $6k for a unit that acts like a hunk of crap too often. I'm at the point where I'm hoping for some talented 3rd party to come along & support Proceed stuff. I think the units are worthy & there's enough of them out there. Anyway, count me in on any action.